In the highly anticipated ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Final between India and Australia at Ahmedabad’s Narendra Modi Stadium on Sunday (November 19), both teams are geared up for a historic clash. Rohit Sharma’s Indian squad aims for their third World Cup title, while Australia, with their illustrious history, endeavors for an unprecedented sixth ODI World Cup trophy. Ahead of this momentous encounter, let’s delve into the updated list of highest run-scorers and wicket-takers in the tournament.
ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Highest Run-Scorers:
The current top run-scorer in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 is India’s maestro, Virat Kohli, boasting a staggering 711 runs in 10 matches, maintaining an impressive average of 101.57. Following closely is Quinton de Kock from South Africa at number two with 594 runs in 10 matches, averaging 59.40. Rachin Ravindra from New Zealand secures the third position with 578 runs in 10 matches, maintaining an average of 64.22. Daryl Mitchell from New Zealand occupies the fourth spot with 552 runs in 10 matches, averaging 69.00. India’s vice-captain Rohit Sharma stands fifth, amassing 550 runs in 10 innings with an average of 55.00.
Top 5 Highest Run-Scorers:
- Virat Kohli (India) – 711 runs in 10 matches with an average of 101.57
- Quinton de Kock (South Africa) – 594 runs in 10 matches with an average of 59.40
- Rachin Ravindra (New Zealand) – 578 runs in 10 matches with an average of 64.22
- Daryl Mitchell (New Zealand) – 552 runs in 10 matches with an average of 69.00
- Rohit Sharma (India) – 550 runs in 10 innings with an average of 55.00
ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Highest Wicket-Takers:
Mohammed Shami from India leads the pack as the highest wicket-taker in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023, claiming a remarkable 23 wickets from 10 matches. Australia’s Adam Zampa follows closely behind with 22 wickets from 9 matches, showcasing his bowling prowess.
Top 5 Highest Wicket-Takers:
- Mohammed Shami (India) – 23 Wickets from 10 matches
- Adam Zampa (Australia) – 22 Wickets from 9 matches
- Dilshan Madushanka (Sri Lanka) – 21 Wickets from 9 matches
- Gerald Coetzee (South Africa) – 20 Wickets from 8 matches
- Jasprit Bumrah (India) – 18 Wickets from 10 matches
As the cricketing world eagerly anticipates this epic clash, the performances of these top performers are poised to play a pivotal role in determining the outcome of this thrilling World Cup Final.